Laura Boss hosts the monthly Montclair Poetry Series along with fellow poet Maria Mazziotti Gillan. The long-running series has featured local and nationally known poets and special theme nights. Poets who have been part of the series include Martín Espada, reg e gaines, Michael Lally, Lyn Lifshin, Marie-Elizabeth Mali , Ed Romond, Stanley Barkan, Peter Thabit-Jones and Hal Sirowitz.
These evening readings are usually held on the first Thursday of the month. All readings are at the Montclair Public Library (Auditorium), 50 South Fullerton Avenue, Montclair, NJ. For information, contact the library at 973-744- 0500
All readings are free and open to the public and begin at 6 pm with refreshments and an open reading first, followed by the featured readers from 7 – 8pm.
For poet biographies & information about the poets and their books,
see the posts at Maria Gillan’s blog
- January 3: Jared Harél and Yehoshua November.
- February Charles Johnson and Donna Baier Stein
- March 7 – Maria Giura and Mark Hillringhouse
- April 4 – Four poets published by CavanKerry Press: Tina Kelley, Danny Shot, Margot Taft Stever and Joan Cusack Handler.
- May 2 – Susan Balik, RG Evans and Jim Gwyn
- June 6 – Celebration reading for Lips magazine’s 50th Anniversary
- February 1: reg e gaines and Linda Hillringhouse
- March 1: Celebrating North Jersey Poets: R. Bremner, Lisa Dahlborg, Martin Golan, Jim Gwyn, Elizabeth Marchitti, Marilyn Mohr, Marion Paganella,Rachelle Parker, Ken Ronkowitz, Robert Rosenbloom.
- April 5: Amanda Bradley, Raymond Hammond, BJ Ward
- May 3: Sondra Gash and Pamela Hughes
- June 7: Lips issue 48/49 Publication Celebration with readers from the issue
- October 4: Adele Kenney and Joe Weil
- November 1: Martin Farawell and Ed Romond
- December 6 : Holiday Reading – poets will include Sue Balik, R. Bremner, Dutch, Martin Golan, Jim Gwyn, Elizabeth Marchetti, Lisa Coll Nicolaou, Marion Paganello, Rachelle Parker, Ken Ronkowitz and Robert Rosenbloom.